Frequently asked questions (English)

Contact us
If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please feel free to use the contact form or call us on 0900-0507. Our customer service is available on weekdays from 08.30-12.30.

Avalex pass

I found a pass, what should I do?

You can send to us (free of charge) to the following address:

Antwoordnummer 24546
2490 VB ‘s-Gravenhage

The owner will be grateful.

I’m moving. What should I do with my Avalex pass?

Are you going to move? Leave the Avalex pass behind for the new occupants. The card is assigned to the house address.

Are you moving to on of the Avalex municipalities? Then there should be an Avalex pass in your new home/ The former occupants should have left it behind for you. If there is no Avalex pass in your new home, you can apply for a new one.

I lost my Avalex pass. Can I apply for a new one?

You need to have an Avalex pass if you want to dispose of oversized waste or garden waste at one of out collection centres. You cannot enter without the Avalex pass.

Only one Avalex pass will be issued per address. Click here to fill out a form for a new pass. If you live with other people at one address you will need to share the Avalex pass.

You current card will be blocked and you will receive a new card by mail within five to seven business days.

Household waste

What time will my waste be collected?

Your waste is collected between 7.30 and 16.00. It is not possible to indicate an exact time.

Make sure to put your container(s) before 7.30 on your collection day. It is preferable that you put it out on the day itself. This way you can help combat filth and nuisance from animals. You can fin the correct collection day in your household web calender.

How do I report a full or defective underground container?

Is the underground waste container in your street full or broken? Or have you seen that an underground waste container for glass, paper or plastic is full? Please feel free to contact our customer service at 0900-0507 or fill out the contact form .

Our employees will ask you to provide a container number (Starting with OOC/BOC.XXXXX). This number can be found on the container and is mounted on a visible place. This ensures that we can quickly resolve any problems regarding the container.

Sometimes a container appears to be full when it is not. Give the rubbish a strong push or use another opening.